Protection of Topographies of Semi-Conductor Products
- A Topography registration certificate can protect the Topography of Semi-Conductor products previously unknown throughout the Semi-Conductor industry. The Topography of a Semi-Conductor product is a group of related images, either fixed or codified, which represent a three-dimensional layout of the layers that compose the product, in which each image has the layout, or part of the layout, of a surface of the same product in any phase of its manufacture.
- A Semi-Conductor product is recognized, at any stage, as being the final or intermediate form of any product that, cumulatively:
- Consists of a material body that includes a layer of semi-conductive material.
- Contains one or more layers of conductive, semi-conductive or insulating material set in a pre-determined tridimensional format.
- Is designed to carry out an electronic function either exclusively or in conjunction with other functions.
- The Topography of a Semi-Conductor product is valid for a period of 10 years from the date of application.
Protection of Appellations of Origin and Geographical Indications
Appelations of Origin
- The name of a region, locality, country or territory including traditional designations which are customarily used to identify a product originating from said area.
- Where the quality or characteristics, essentially and exclusively are attributed to the geographical environment, including natural and human factors.
- Whose production, preparation, and modification occur in that geographical location.
- The name of a region, locality or in some cases a country or territory, which is used to identify a product originating from said area.
- Whose reputation, qualities, or other characteristics can be attributed to that geographical origin and whose production and/or modification occurs in that geographical area.
- The registration is valid for an indefinite period unless the application of origin or the Geographical Indication is changed to a simple generic designation of a manufacturing process or of a product.
Protection of Names and Emblems of Establishment’s
- A Name or Emblem may be used to designate or promote an establishment belonging to: farmers, industrialists, traders, and/or other entrepreneurs domiciled or established in Macau.
- The registration is valid for a period of 10 years from the granting date, which is renewable indefinitely for the same period.
Protection of Awards
Awards that can be protected by registration are:
- Merit Awards conferred by Macau SAR, as well as other countries or territories.
- Medals or diplomas and rewards either monetary or otherwise from exhibitions, fairs and competitions official or officially recognized by Macau SAR, other countries or territories.
- Diplomas, examination certificates or commendations issued by laboratories or other public services in Macau SAR or other qualified organizations.
- Title of ‘supplier’ to official governmental bodies in Macau SAR, other countries or territories.
- Any other official rewards or the like.
- The registration is valid for an indefinite period unless the award is revoked or cancelled.
If the above information does not fully address questions you may have please do not hesitate to contact us.